Thursday, January 9, 2014

Just a little note of whimsy, yesterday morning on my way out to the autostrada for my day trip to Florence.  I had stopped for a coffee and looked down into the pastry case. 

American-style _____?_________

 
Then, as I took a sip of my cappuccino, I turned my head ever-so-slightly to my left....
 
Now, this is Italian-style.....


Sometimes you gotta just LOVE this culture!!!!  And this was 10 a.m.  I could see there were 'brownies' missing, though.  So, maybe we have some good cross-cultural thing going on.....

Tonight I'll try to share a few images from the day in Florence.  Met a fabulous new guide, Alessia, a friend of Antonella's.  She even has a special kids' tour that starts with a carriage-ride!  Exceedingly expert in all aspects of history, art and architectural history, but also very lively and fun.  Last year she put a food tasting tour together last year for a new NYC restaurateur who wanted to know what Italian food and ingredients SHOULD taste like.   And she did an artisan walk-around!  More on all this later. 

Off to Petroio now.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment